The Mount Agamenticus to the Sea Conservation Initiative (MtA2C) is an effort
led by a coalition
of ten national, regional and local partners representing federal and
statewide land protection organizations and three local land trusts to protect a network of connected conservation lands and natural resources
within a 48,000-acre focus area in Southern Maine for the benefit of people and wildlife.
To date, over 13,500 acres have been conserved in the MtA2C region. By 2032, we will protect at least 6,000 more acres to bring the total conserved land in the Mount Agamenticus to the Sea focus area to 19,000 acres.
MtA2C’s vision is a future that sustains livable and economically vibrant communities where:
- Every child has access to open spaces and wild places;
- Food and forest products are locally and sustainably produced;
- Clean water in our reservoirs, rivers, and streams flows into our estuaries and along our beaches;
- Wetlands and intact blocks of forest support viable populations of native plant and animal species;
- Year round outdoor recreational opportunities are a short drive, bik
e ride, or walk away;
- Resilient infrastructure and ecosystems adapt to changing environmental conditions.
Come see what the Mt. Agamenticus Wilderness
is all about! -- Join us for guided Outdoor