The Mount Agamenticus to the Sea Conservation Initiative (MtA2C) is an effort led by a coalition of ten national, regional and local partners representing federal and governmental agencies, statewide land protection organizations and three local land trusts to protect a network of connected conservation lands and natural resources within a 48,000-acre focus area in Southern Maine for the benefit of people and wildlife.
To date, almost 13,000 acres have been conserved in the MtA2C region. By 2032, we will protect at least 6,000 more acres to bring the total conserved land in the Mount Agamenticus to the Sea focus area to 19,000 acres.
MtA2C’s vision is a future that sustains livable and economically vibrant communities where:
- Every child has access to open spaces and wild places;
- Food and forest products are locally and sustainably produced;
- Clean water in our reservoirs, rivers, and streams flows into our estuaries and along our beaches;
- Wetlands and intact blocks of forest support viable populations of native plant and animal species;
- Year round outdoor recreational opportunities are a short drive, bike ride, or walk away;
- Resilient infrastructure and ecosystems adapt to changing environmental conditions.
Hear about the Mt. Agamenticus to the Sea Region!
Join us for guided Outdoor
Come see what the Mt. Agamenticus Wilderness
is all about!
The Mt. Agamenticus to the Sea Conservation
Post Office Box 151
South Berwick, Maine 03908
Office Location: 610 Main Street, Ogunquit, ME 03907
Voice: 207.646.3604 Fax: 207.646-3604, please call ahead.